Contribute To The Code¶
Write enabled repositories¶The repositories on github are read-only mirrors of the actual main repository which is opened to contributors only. The normal workflow is:
- Create an account on Github
- Configure your Git installation to use the correct Name / Email http://help.github.com/git-email-settings/ ← THIS IS IMPORTANT, you can't change this information once the commit is merged mainstream!
- Fork the repository you want on the Github interface (The Fork Button!)
- Clone this forked repository and commit your changes
- Request a review/merge on IRC or Mailing list
Only repository maintainers have write access on the master repository. They have an account on the server and use it to write on their repositories, as for example:
To learn how to prepare patchs, please read the Contribute to the code page
Keywords in commits :¶
Use keywords in your commits to interact with issues :
- Make a reference to an issue : use the keyword
references, followed by the number of the issue.
refs #123 referencess #123
- Mark an issue as resolved : use the keyword
closes, followed by the number of the issue.
fixes #123 closes #123