Collaboration with GLPI-technicalchanges¶
FusionInventory and OCS Inventory can report the number of CORE and THREAD of a CPU. Today, GLPI only display the number of logical CPU.
For an asset management software, the number of real physical CPU is probably more important and a machine can have different CPU, that's why we suggest to important the same CPU structure in GLPI (machine 1<>n CPUs).This is the information we wish to see intgreated in GLPI.
- CORE: Number of core.
- MANUFACTURER: AMD/Intel/Transmeta/Cyrix/VIA
- NAME: The name of the CPU, e.g: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz
- THREAD: Number of thread per core (virtual CPU in a CORE)
- SERIAL: the serial number
- SPEED: Frequency in MHz
- ID: the ID the CPU, this ID is shared between all the same CPU and can be useful to identify the same CPU with different name.