Same serial number for all Microsoft Office 2010 installations
|Assignee:||Guillaume Rousse||% Done:|
|For junior contributor:||No|
There is same serial number in all Microsoft Office Home & Business 2010 POLISH in glpi.
The serial is like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-DVXGV for all of them.
I thought it is a bug in fusioninventory so I've checked it with Winkeyfinder 1.75 and it was still wrong (ends with DVXGV).
Correct serial is shown in Belarc Advisor (on my computer it is XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-JVB9D instead of XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-DVXGV shown in glpi)
also this software/script shows it correctly http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/131797-windows-and-office-key/
Server: Glpi 0.85.2 (Centos 6.6)
Client: Fusioninventory 2.3.16, 2.3.13, 184.108.40.206 + Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 (over 40 PC's)
#1 Updated by Guillaume Rousse about 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee set to Guillaume Rousse
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Registration for 32-bit version
- HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Registration for 64-bit version
#3 Updated by Milosz Engel about 2 years ago
Hello, my case is very similar to above except my serial ends with "7MBC7". I think this depends on version of office (ours are home and SB). I have tested that on 10 computers - all reporting same serial, although all of them have correct(other and unique) serial entered and are fully activated.
Same thing for Office 2013 home&sb
#6 Updated by Guillaume Rousse almost 2 years ago
2.3.17 has not been release yet, you have to retrieve the patch from github, and apply it manually:
#8 Updated by Lukasz Raj almost 2 years ago
Thank you for the link Guillaume Rousse.
I replaced c:\Program Files\FusionInventory-Agent\perl\agent\FusionInventory\Agent\Tools\License.pm with file from your link. Now I can confirm that it works OK with those configurations:
Windows 7 SP1 32 bit + MS Office 2007 Professional Plus (MS Office wasn't issue in this case but I'd like to check if everything works fine with other versions too,
Windows 7 SP1 32 bit + MS Office 2010 Professional there was wrong key, now it is OK.
Windows 8.1 32 bit + MS Office 2010 Professional there was wrong key, now it is OK.
All of them are polish language versions.
I couldn't check MS Office 2013 because there is no "software licenses" button in glpi for PC's with this version installed. Maybe You could add MS Office 2013 in future releases too as it's product key can be read from registry.
Now I look forward to version 2.3.17 release.
Guillaume Bougard wrote:
we are checking this case too in Teclib actually. I still prepared a 2.3.17 pre-release windows installer for this purpose. I can send you in private a link to the installer if you need.
Thank you for your offer but I managed to patch this file and I would like to use stable version in my production environment.