Bug #2894

Incorrect number of core and thread in windows

Added by Nico LAS about 2 years ago. Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:02/26/2015
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:Guillaume Rousse% Done:

100%

Category:inventory
Target version:2.3.17
For junior contributor:No

Description

On windows with fi agent 2.3.8 we don't see core in glpi
it seems xml has no memory section

2003.xml Magnifier (27.4 KB) Nico LAS, 02/26/2015 02:22 PM

dmidecode.txt Magnifier (149 KB) Nico LAS, 02/27/2015 01:04 PM

proc.reg (2.56 KB) Nico LAS, 02/27/2015 01:04 PM

wmi1.txt Magnifier - 1st query (3.71 KB) Nico LAS, 03/02/2015 10:35 AM

wmi2.txt Magnifier - 2nd query (3.67 KB) Nico LAS, 03/02/2015 10:35 AM

wmi-4.txt Magnifier - wmic on W32_Processor class output on win2003r2 with 2 CPUs, 2 cores, 2 threads per core (3.84 KB) Guillaume Bougard, 06/10/2015 04:25 PM

dmidecode-4.txt Magnifier - dmidecode 2.12 output on win2003r2 with 2 CPUs, 2 cores, 2 threads per core (6.1 KB) Guillaume Bougard, 06/10/2015 04:25 PM

CentralProcessor-4.reg - CentralProcessor register key export on win2003r2 with 2 CPUs, 2 cores, 2 threads per core (9.59 KB) Guillaume Bougard, 06/10/2015 04:35 PM

History

#1 Updated by Nico LAS about 2 years ago

sorry : no core section

#2 Updated by Guillaume Rousse about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback
  • Assignee set to Guillaume Rousse

2.3.8 is obsolete, please test with current version (2.3.15). If the problem persist, please provide dmidecode output, as well as registry content for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Hardware/Description/System/CentralProcessor key.

#3 Updated by Nico LAS about 2 years ago

same with 2.3.15 on the windows 2003
in attachment the informations you ask for

#4 Updated by Guillaume Rousse about 2 years ago

Actually, we don't use dmidecode on Windows 2003, due to stability issue. However, I forgot to ask for the result of a WMI query for Win32_Processor class:
wmic path Win32_Processor get /Format:list > <somefile>

#5 Updated by Nico LAS about 2 years ago

Guillaume
I've run the query 2 times
First time is wmi1.txt
Second time is wmi2.txt

wm1.txt is strange, isn't it?

#6 Updated by Guillaume Bougard almost 2 years ago

Hi, about wmi1.txt, in fact as that was the first time you ran that command there was an output "Patientez pendant l'installation de WMIC" included in front of the file and that broke the UTF-16 format of the output. I checked it knowing that and the only difference with wmi2.txt is really a different value reported for "LoadPercentage", so nothing important for this issue.

#7 Updated by Guillaume Bougard almost 2 years ago

Hi,

I managed to make tests on a fresh 2003R2 windows server. I was able to reproduce the case.

This is a known issue as explained in microsoft knowledge base at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/932370
From there I applied the related hotfix downloaded after requesting it on https://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/kbhotfix?kbnum=932370&kbln=en-us

The hotfix permits to figure out the number of cores per CPU. But number of threads is not reported in the inventory. I had to fix a little fusioninventory-agent code to also get the number of threads in GLPI.

I'll submit a little later the related patch and a PR. For now I just attach dmidecode and wmi output I obtain so I can include them as new unittest.

#8 Updated by Guillaume Bougard almost 2 years ago

Attached CentralProcessor register export

#9 Updated by Guillaume Bougard almost 2 years ago

Just created the pull request PR#31: https://github.com/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-agent/pull/31 to include the fix.

Hi Nico LAS,
do you think you can test applying the Hotfix a server and than applying manually the patch available at https://github.com/g-bougard/fusioninventory-agent/commit/e382c6cbc1bbd643b23c30549c01d852395eb4ba
There are 2 lines to modify and one to add.

#10 Updated by Nico LAS almost 2 years ago

Hi Guillaume,

It seems to be ok with KB + your patched CPU.pm
Core and thread appears on glpi

#11 Updated by Guillaume Rousse almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
  • Target version set to 2.3.17
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Patch commited.

#12 Updated by Guillaume Rousse over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF