UUID of LXC container in libvirt environment
For junior contributor:
Libvirt on container start sets some environment variables, especially LIBVIRT_LXC_UUID, which may be used for linking container to host.
See attached module.
- Category set to inventory
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Target version set to 2.4.0
Thank you for the changes. In order to add a unit-test, can you please attach an example of the /proc/1/environ file?
One more thing...
FusionInventory does not detect LXC containers running by Libvirtd because virsh needs custom connect string ("-c lxc:///" - see attached Libvirt_LXC.pm).
Example of virsh output in attached virsh_lxc.txt.
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset commit:d841c32cdf19c95f73c2ba71d66a38cb2464b00f.
Applied in changeset commit:59c4813650e472e2a165361d67922932a01c5680.
- Assignee set to Gonéri Le Bouder
Thank you Alexander for the patches. I hope you are fine with the changes I did on the master branch.
Applied in changeset commit:367a998eee76f7aed761d954d1ca58d461259912.
- Target version changed from 2.4.0 to 2.3.10
Backported in stable branch.
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom